It’s a Sign of the Times

 

 

Just Stop Your Crying

Two things happened last night: Noah Mac was eliminated from The Voice after singing “Sign of the Times” and ‘Harry Styles: Live in Manchester’ was aired on CTV. Harry’s final tune was (you guessed it) the same song. Now it’s an earworm for me.

Yes, I’d heard this song on the radio, but I’d never paid attention to it before, mainly because of Harry’s being part of One Direction previously.

But, last night, I began to ‘hear’ the lyrics for the first time.

 

The Bullets?

 

Sign of the Times

 

“Why are we always stuck and running from the bullets?”

It’s a damn good question. Now, if only we could get a damn good answer.

Harry may have been reflecting back on his breakout role in Dunkirk. War is Hell: not a new concept, for sure, but, for someone as young as Harry, a new reality. With all the terrorist attacks the world over, and especially the Las Vegas shooting this year, these words strike home, literally.

 

We Gotta Get Away from Here

“They told me that the end is near.”

It would seem that everyone in the world is starting to think the same thing: climate change is showing us that we have caused a massive amount of ecological damage and that soon, earth won’t be habitable for human life.

But, don’t worry, the 1% have a plan to save themselves by moving to a new space colony until a ‘new’ earth can be located. The remaining 99% of us will have to tough it out.

 

Remember, Everything Will Be Alright

 

Sign of the Times 2

 

Spiritually, this is absolutely true. Physically, not so much so.

The idea that we are separate is the part that’s keeping us apart. Here are Harry’s lyrics that make the most sense to me:

We don’t talk enough
We should open up
Before it’s all too much
Will we ever learn?
We’ve been here before
It’s just what we know

We know what to do: we need to remember that we are all in this together, even the 1%. Until we do that, the story goes on, and on, and on. Will we ever learn?

 

 

About cdsmiller17

I am an Astrologer who also writes about world events. My first eBook "At This Point in Time" is available through most on-line book stores. I have now serialized my second book "The Star of Bethlehem" here. And to give my blog pages something lighter, I'm sharing some of my personal photographs, too.
This entry was posted in reviews, showbusiness and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.